At ABMB, we are known for the quality of our work environment. Simply put, our staff likes coming to work every day, and they like the people they work with. At ABMB, you’ll have challenging projects, the freedom to think creatively, and the guidance and encouragement you get from hands-on principals and project managers.
You will also have the opportunity to develop your skills. We will train you on the software packages we use, pay for your professional registration, and encourage you to attend professional conferences and training sessions.
Our other benefits include a complete insurance plan (medical, dental, prescription drugs, short- and long-term disability, life and vision) at no cost to full-time employees, a 401 (k) plan with a company match, annual leave, and subsidized health club membership.
ABMB is the kind of place where you can build a career. We’re relatively small, with about 100 employees in our five offices, but we’re growing, and we would like you to grow along with us.
Applicants MUST have MDOT project experience.
Under the supervision of a Construction Manager/Resident Engineer, individuals in this role will inspect the work of contactors involved in the construction of transportation projects to ensure compliance. Duties for this position may include:
• Monitors, records, and inspects progress on construction projects
• Researches and interprets contract requirements to determine whether construction work is performed in compliance with plans, specifications and special provisions.
• Perform quality assurance inspections to achieve compliance with contract plans and specifications on all phases of construction, such as paving, structures, striping, grading, SWPP, drainage, sewer, water, utility relocations, sign installation and landscaping items.
• Advises Resident Engineer and/or owner of any failures or delays.
• Prepare Daily Diary which record measured and track quantities, labor, equipment and extra work.
• Makes substantial completion and final completion statements.
• Reviews shop drawings within area of expertise for conformance with design concept.
• Scheduling, planning, coordinating and completing site inspections. Coordinate 3rd-party special material testing inspections.
• Maintain an awareness of safety and health requirements and assuring compliance of applicable regulations and contract provisions for the protection of the public and construction project personnel.
• Keep the Resident Engineer informed of conditions which could result in contract change orders and/or delays and assist in proactively resolving these situations.
• Performs other duties as necessary.
The ideal candidate shall have a minimum 7 years in construction or construction related FIELD activities
The Senior ITS Technician is responsible for the maintenance of all ITS field systems throughout the state of Mississippi. The requirements for this position include: a minimum of three years of ITS field maintenance experience or 5 + years of maintenance experience in a related field; IMSA Level 1 Certification required, IMSA Level 2 Certification preferred; a Class “B” Mississippi Commercial Driver’s License. Experience with the manufacturing or installation of ITS and/or Traffic Signal equipment is desired. The Senior Technician will be required to be on-call and must be able to meet response time requirements.
New positions will be posted as they become available.
ABMB strives to maintain a diverse group of professionals and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package, excellent pay, progressive attitude, excellent salary and benefits, 401(k) and incentive compensation plans.
Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v